The IDION Shield is an innovative remote patient monitoring device that empowers healthcare providers to improve patient outcomes for all.
IDION’s Shield will catalyze the telehealth market by providing continuous uploads of data and secure physician access to results – including live reads of vitals during a remote appointment. Such insights can dramatically improve patient outcomes.
Top Use Cases
- 16 million Americans suffer from cancer
- 50% receive chemotherapy and must be closely monitored
- Successful remote patient monitoring has been proven to increase survival rate by, on an average, 7.6 months
- 5 million Americans suffer from congestive heart failure; 50% readmitted within 6 months
- 16 million Americans suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease; 22.6% readmission rate over 30 days
- The average cost of a cancellation of an operation is between $2,500 and $3,000
- A primary cause for cancellations are administrative issues, including inadequate preoperative preparation and scheduling.
- IDION Temperature Shield will lower the risk of case cancellation due to fever, elevated temperature, etc.