Idion was initially founded in 2017 by Dr. Pete Costantino with the vision of reimagining the hospital wristband with cutting edge features that would ease hospital workflow, promote comfort, and enable secure identification in and out of the hospital.
With the current options for remote patient monitoring being cumbersome and expensive, IDION’s mission is to provide a lower-cost, easy to use device that will make remote monitoring widely accessible for patients at little or no-cost to the healthcare provider.
As the emerging skin applied technology for healthcare providers, the IDION Shield will start with individual sectors and expand exponentially.
5 million Americans suffer congestive heart failure annually. For cardiac patients sent home after surgery, current remote patient monitoring solutions are prohibitively expensive.
50 million Americans suffer post- operative complications each year, and 1.5 million die from complications, many of which could have been mitigated through RPM.
16 million US adults suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) each year. These patients have a 30 day readmission rate of 22.6%.
IDION’s solution addresses pain points inside & outside of the hospital by offering a post discharge solution at zero cost, while providing hospitals with a new revenue opportunity.
- 45% decrease in readmission rate
- 2.4x increase in patient survival for congestive heart failure
- Reduction in sepsis (cause of 1 in 5 deaths globally)
- Early detection of medical setbacks and diseases with unique fever curves, such as malaria or COVID-19
- Reduction in readmission penalties
- $0 out of pocket expenses to hospital – cost of Shield is fully reimbursed by CMS
- At least $190 in new revenue per patient per month through CMS CPT codes associated with RPM treatment management
- Integrates with existing Electronic Health Records for easy access
- Only device with a flexible form factor to ensure ease of use and maximum comfort
- Only RPM device that provides secure, non-transferable patient identification to ensure proper care and prevent fraud
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Medical Officer
VP of Software Product Development & Regulatory Affairs