Effective May 31st, 2018
What Information do we collect?
When submitting a request for information on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, information relating to the business you represent or other details to help you with your query.
Our mobile application, idion Tap, does not require an account and will not ask you for any personal information. However, when you scan one of our products with a smart device (using idion Tap, as applicable, or the device’s built in near field communications capability), you may be taken to a third party branded form hosted on our platform that asks you to enter your name, email, telephone number, demographic information (such as zip code, age and/or gender) and similar information that can be used to identify you as an individual. The third party will be clearly identified on the hosted form, and any information we collect through that form will be shared with that third party.
you visit or use our website or platform, we may collect information from your computer, phone, or other mobile device from which you access the site or platform, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system, IP address, domain name, type of mobile device from which you gain access, and your device ID. The device ID does not contain personally identifiable information. We may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time of your visit, the areas or pages you visit, the amount of time you spend on our site or platform, the number of times you return and other click-stream data in order to analyze trends in the aggregate and to administer the site and/or platform.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site or platform. In addition, our site, platform and mobile applications may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use, your device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, and information about the way you use our site, platform and mobile applications. This applies to all types of devices including, but not limited to desktops, laptops, mobile devices or tablets.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to support our products and services and to deliver the best possible experience to our users. This includes the following uses:
- Respond to a marketing communication;
- Improve our website in order to better serve you;
- Better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- Contextualize the content we deliver through our site, platform or mobile application based on your location;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site or platform feature;
- Notify you of relevant company updates, events, promotions or other education content;
- Verify your identity to prevent fraud or other unauthorized activity;
- Monitor and analyze aggregate trends and usage;
- Personalize your experience on our platform;
- And any other use that we describe at the time when we collect data or information from you with your consent.
How do we protect visitor information?
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We use regular malware scanning. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Among other items, the only employees and contractors with access to this information are those who are authorized to have such access and need to know it information to operate, develop or improve our products and services. Although we seek to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all security breaches, and as a result we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to use. We caution you that you use our site and platform, and provide us with information, at your own risk.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible on our systems and networks by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your device through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information about your device and/or activity on our site or platform.
You can choose to have your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You decide whether cookies are stored on your device and can choose to delete them. By doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on our site or platform or take full advantage of all of our products and services.
Each browser is different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
How do we share your information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your information, except as listed below, or with your prior consent:
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our products or services. When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of our products or services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect our legal rights, property, or the safety of our company, our employees, custo mers or other third parties.
Third party links
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a user of the site, platform, or mobile application and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- To enable you to use our site, platform, mobile application or other product or service;
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To better understand the traffic to our site or platform and enable us to provide the best possible experience;
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
You have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that we delete, amend, or provide you access to your information. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional messages, but you may still receive other communications. You can also contact your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
With regards to third-party branded forms, we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the third party identified on the form (the data controller).
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to Privacy Officer, idion LLC, 142 W. 57th Street, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10019.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in any marketing emails we send you.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Contacting a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available below.
Information of minors
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Changes and updates
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our platform before the change becoming effective and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable laws. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.